Camping tickets will be available from december 2nd 2019 10:00 am. Camping tickets and all other tickets will be sold via tf.dk.
The Tønder Festival Campsite has a new booking system, part of the new developments to improve your camping experience.
The booking system enables a better flow into the Campsite, helps the festival planning and ensures there is space for everyone on the Campsite.
You give the booking system details of your length of stay, size of your tent or camper, number of guests spending the night, and you can choose to buy electricity.
You can also choose one of Tønder Festival’s own dwellings: lodges, family teepees and tent houses.
What does camping cost?
· Camping wristband pp: 100 kr.
· Short-term camping, unit 0-6 m.: 650 kr.
· Short-term camping, unit over 6 m.: 950 kr.
· Long-term camping, unit 0-6 m.: 800 kr.
· Long-term-camping, unit over 6 m.: 1050 kr.
· Electricity: 400 kr.
· Tent house: 2600 kr. (1-2 people)
· Teepee: 3000 kr. (1-8 people)
· Lodge: 3000 kr. (1-2 people)
· Car-free camping, short-term = 300 kr.
· Car-free camping, long-term = 400 kr.
A camping wristband is only valid in conjunction with a festival wristband.
As berths and power points are limited, they may sell out.
Does a disabled person’s carer pay full price for a camping wristband?
No. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach carer documentation. Tell us whether your carer is staying in a separate tent or camper. We’ll send your carer a free camping ticket.
For festivalgoers with disabilities, space is reserved near the South Gate.
Here there are also toilet and bathing facilites for disabled people.
Camping wristbands for disabled people are on sale in the special slot on tf.dk – Ticket Sales.
The disabled camping area is subject to the same rules as the rest of the Campsite.
What access does a camping wristband give?
A camping wristband gives access to the Tønder Festival Campsite.
When can I get in to the Campsite?
There is access from 8.00 a.m. on Sunday 23rd August.
Camping Information is not open round the clock. After closing time, a temporary holding area will be established, so you can spend the night and check in the following morning.
Camping – General
- Guests are welcome on the Tønder Festival Campsite, but they can’t stay the night.
- Camping units may only be occupied by people with a valid camping wristband. Others will be asked to leave.
- During the first days the Campsite is open, there will limited bathing and toilet facilities.
- Disabled berths, electricity berths, Tent Houses, lodge and teepee sites are separate, defined spaces, where campsite officials delegate places.
- Safety rules prohibit sleeping in cars and vans not specifically purpose-built.
- Dogs and cats can be brought to the Campsite, provided they are on a leash. In the case of any disturbance caused by pets, Campsite officials’ guidance must be followed. Persistent pet nuisance can lead to expulsion from Tønder Festival Campsite.
- Most toilet wagons have a port for emptying camping toilets – use them and only them.
- Unauthorised sales and booths are forbiddden on the Campsite.
- Marking and reserving a space: pitch your tent or park your unit in your chosen space. Spaces can be reserved from Sunday 23rd August at 8.00 a.m. Goods left before then will be removed.
- If you want to reserve a space for others coming later, their camping ticket must be shown. Marking extra spaces must be approved by a Campsite official.
- Volunteers required for preparation of the Tønder Festival site and Campsite have access to the Campsite before Sunday 23rd August.
- Electricity berths are reserved for those festivalgoers who have paid extra for it. Campsite officials will indicate the electricity berths. Reservation of berths for others entails showing electricity receipts and tickets for other units. The electricity label must be attached to your tent / caravan / camper and visible from the road. Maximum power load: 7A/1500W. Only CEE cables may be used. The nearest power point may not be so close, so bring an extension cable. Extension cables and plugs can be hired at Ticket Counter South and collected from Camping Info.
- Areas and units used by Tønder Festival will be clearly marked with the Festival marker tape. Please do not remove these markers.
- If you want to pitch a pavillion or party marquee, a separate ticket must be bought for that unit. You also need an electricity ticket for the unit at an electricity berth.
- Fire regulations require 3 metres distance between units (tent, caravan or camper )
- Vehicles, marquees and canopies without side walls may be parked or pitched within the safety zone.
- Units and vehicles, trailers etc, must not be placed on the fire roads.
- The use of naked flame – open fires, fireworks, torches, gas burners, candles etc – is forbidden.
- Barbecues: only in the designated areas.
Please observe the rules. And please follow instructions from Campsite officials. Failure to do so can lead to removal of your camping wristband and expulsion from the Campsite.
How many occupants does your unit house?
Each individual must have a camping wristband. If two of you are sleeping in the same accommodation, you need two wristbands.
Unit 0-6 m
If your accommodation unit is less than 6 metres in length, this is the category to choose.
Note that the caravan towbar counts in the length.
Unit over 6 m
This is the category to choose if your unit is longer than 6 metres.
Measurement must include the caravan towbar.
Car-free Camping Zone
If you prefer to camp close to your neighbours without cars alongside, you can choose the “Baghaven” and “Marsken”.
Baghaven is busy, full of music and centrally placed behind the campsite grocer’s shop and the Music Zone. It can get lively here, at night as well as by day. Choose this zone and we will reserve a pitch for you here.
Marsken is the quiet zone, on the edge of the campsite. Peace and quiet reign here. Book your ticket for this zone and we will make sure you get a pitch here.
Prices are lower at the Car-free Camping Sone, but there are fewer tickets.
A camping wristband (100 kr. each) is also required.
Do you need electricity?
Even at a festival, it can be useful to charge your mobile phone, hang some coloured lights or make your morning coffee on your own coffee machine. Fortunately, you can buy a power stance for your camping unit at Tønder Festival.
If you pitch an awning, pavillon or party tent at your power stance, remember to buy an electricity ticket for it, too.
Each power ticket gives access to electricity for 1 unit. Maxumum power load: 6A/1320W. Only CEE cables may be used.
Note: there is a limited number of power stances available; when they’re gone, they’re gone.
Can I rent a tent?
No, not a tent, but a tent house, a teepee or a lodge.
Tent house rental
Tent houses are centrally located on the campsite, fitted with electric light and power points, a 135 x 200 cm mattress and a safe box. Tent houses have locks, a fiberglass floor, are raised above ground level and have luggage space. Electricity is included in the rent. Renting a tent house costs 2600 DKK. Your camping wristband costs another 100 DKK each.
Can I rent a tent house for one night?
You can rent a teepee, which will be pitched and ready for you when you arrive at Tønder Festival. A teepee has a canopy of cotton/polyester and a tarpaulin floor. A teepee is 5.3 metres in diameter, 3.1 metres high and sleeps up to 8. It costs 3000 kr. to rent a teepee. You need a camping wristband as well (100 kr. each.)
Electrical power is not available for purchase for the teepees.
Or why not try one of our wooden lodges?
The chalets are wooden with a sturdy tarpaulin roof and room for 2 people. There are power plugs in the chalets, so mobile phones etc. can be charged. Electricity is included in the rental price.
A lodge costs 3000 DKK to rent. You buy your camping wristband (100 DKK each) in addition.
Are there bathing facilities on site?
Yes, there are bathroom wagons with shower cubicles and hot and cold water for free use. In order that we can continue to offer this gratis service, we ask you help keep the wagons clean and serviceable.
Beside the fire tower you’ll find a big bathroom tent with separate male and female sections, simply appointed but inviting.
Can I park my car on the Campsite, if I’m staying there?
Yes. Each berth can have one vehicle (car, motorcycle etc). Other vehicles can can park in the public car parks in town.
Guests in tent houses, teepees, lodges, Jam Camp and the Marsken / Fens camp area, there is parking nearby.
Parking is not permitted beside the Camping Høkeren / Grocer.
You may drive in the Campsite during your stay, but for safety reasons we ask you to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Can we barbecue on the Campsite?
Yes, but only in the areas designated by Tønder Festival. Safety rules forbid all other use of naked flame.
Goods lost and found on the Tønder Festival site and Campsite will be handed in to Tønder Police Station, Nørregade 15, 6270 Tønder, Tel. (0045) 73921448.