Tønder Festival has a clear focus on Hand-made Music. Music with its roots in folk, roots rock,
country, blues, cajun, world music and more.
Tønder Festival books international names of the highest carat – both new musicians at the start of their career, pioneering songwriter legends, and authentic folk music.
Tønder Festival has a unique musical profile, and you can often hear international musicians giving a concert in Tønder and nowhere else in Denmark.
Tønder Festival is known as a ‘first mover’, discovering exciting new talent and presenting it here for the first time in this country.
Tønder Festival is particularly famous for its special atmosphere, with musicians and audience coming into close contact with each other, and with large-scale concerts alternating with intimate sessions.
The ambience on the festival site is relaxed, friendly and warm; besides the music, the site offers art, events, artist talks, food stalls, restaurants, bars and much more.
Tønder Festival is involved in the 4+ Project, a welter of events and experiences based on the local countryside, its history, culture, food, businesses… You can join in in the days leading up to Tønder Festival.
• Tønder Festival takes place annually on the last full weekend in August.
• The Tønder Festival site, close by the Tønder town centre, has nine stages, ranging from the huge Open Air Stage to the small Session Tent.
• Tønder Festival is run by the Tønder Festival Foundation and the Tønder Festival Association.
• The Tønder Festival office has seven full-time and one half-time employees in administrative and music booking roles and a volunteer staff of approximately 2600 – included an executive team of around 150 people.
• A company called The Friends of Tønder Festival runs the music venue Hagge’s Musik Pub.
• H.R.H. Princess Marie is Tønder Festival’s official patron.